Mod.s.t Fashions’ Look of the Week: Vintage Inspired
It’s no secret that fashion often repeats itself. So, I wasn’t too surprised when I began to see more and more vintage inspired pieces on runways, fashion blogs and even in the stores. I love vintage inspired fashion. Just about anything from the 40′s to the 60′s and even 70′s has my vote. How do we modestly style a vintage inspired look without looking like we’ve stepped out of a time machine?
- Vintage jewelry makes a great subtle statement. (Shown below)
- Add a pair of Cat-eye sunglasses with your look for an instant blast from the past! (Shown below)
- Peplum pieces bring a little vintage to any look. Try styling a peplum blouse with a pair of cropped pants. (Peplum jacket shown below)
- A blazer with shoulder pads will not only add structure to your look but add a little 80′s to it as well.
- Love the 70′s? Go for a Boho Chic look.
- Boat necks were popular back in the 50′s. Try styling your favorite boat-neck blouse with an a line skirt.
- A floppy or wide brim hat can add instant vintage appeal to any look. (Shown below)
- A collar-less tweed or linen jacket/blazer can also add a little vintage appeal to your look.
- Opt for kitten heels over a pair of stillettos. Not only will this add vintage flare, your feet will thank you as well.
A couple of tips for finding vintage pieces…
- The thrift store is a the best place to find one of a kind vintage pieces.
- Check out yard and garage sales in your area.
- Flea markets, estate sales and auctions are also great places to get vintage pieces.
The look below features a printed shift dress styled with a peplum jacket, Vintage jewelry and other vintage inspired accessories finish the look off.
I hope these tips will help you to modestly put together a vintage inspired look. Be sire to head over the Long Distance Loving and check out this week’s Kentucky Derby/Cinco De Mayo Friday’s Fancies.admin